- Don’t forget these dates:
– Talk tomorrow Nov 2nd Dr. Fikret Berkes “Social-ecological systems and conservation: Putting people back into the picture” 1pm-2pm, Burnside rm 306
– Python Workshop: November 21st 3pm-6pm (REGISTER!)
– BGSA Department Day: November 29th from 9am-5pm (REGISTER!)
- Post-doc // upcoming grad discussion group
We are working on setting up some regular coffee-hour type meetings for upcoming grads to discuss career paths/graduation plans with post-docs, which could also serve as a good place for post-docs to discuss their upcoming plans etc etc.Questions such as: “is it really career killing to take a year off?” and more!
To start, please sign up on this google doc so we can contact you when the meetings get set up.
- Congrats to the HENDRICKS lab for their much deserved pumpkin carving win yesterday. and a big thanks to Tyler Moulton for organizing, and everyone for attending. Check out the pumpkins in the 4th floor lunch room before it’s too late!
- BioConnect 2016
This is a Biotech and Business conference that our department has been invited to. A blurb from the organizer:“You are invited to attend BioConnect 2016 to be held from 9:30am until 8:00pm on Friday, November 18th at New Residence Hall. This full-day event will consist of interdisciplinary presentations (Science and Business), a panel discussion, a poster competition, and a networking cocktail. It’s a great opportunity to grow your interdisciplinary network and learn something new about the Biotechnology industry as a whole! Tickets are currently available at our website. We would also like to extend an invitation to submit abstracts for our ‘Translational Research Poster Competition’, with more than $200 in prizes.”