Happy Pride!!! Also, the school year’s almost here – which PGSS orientation events are you going to?
1. Biology Mugs!
We still have mugs to sell! Just $11.50 each! Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested.
2. Camping Trip
It’s that time of year again! We are again going camping at Lac Philippe in Gatineau Park on September 7th-9th. Sign up here by the 23rd!
1) The cost should be around $50-60 for car rentals, gas, food, gear, and the site depending on how many people come (but NOT including alcohol – BYOB).
2) This is “car camping” i.e. even if you’ve never been camping you’re more than qualified to come.
3) There is great hiking, caving, swimming, canoe/kayak rentals, fishing, and biking (and bike rentals) in the park 🙂
4) We will have a section of the Google doc for gear sharing in case you don’t have any.
5) Your significant others are more than welcome, but don’t feel obligated. Also feel free to bring more people, as the more we are, the cheaper it is.
6) We are vegan, vegetarian, omnivore, and carnivore friendly.
7) There are bathrooms (10 minute walk) and an outhouse (1 minute walk)
9) Fill out the form by August 23rd – after that, we’ll only send emails to people on the google doc.
Have a good Pride Parade!!!!
Fun fact of the week – “This week, the Puy du Fou theme park in western France put some new employees in the field: six trained rooks, members of the crow family, picking up small pieces of paper and cigarette butts in exchange for food.“