Hey all, While clearly, my reign as BGSA president didn’t start out that smoothly (Sorry for the accidental (and embarrassing) previously sent email). ANYWAYS, I figured I would send out an email introducing the new president and vice-president of the BGSA, myself and Michelle Gros. This year will be different than last in that Michelle and … Continue reading Introductory email
First things first – reminder that today at 1:00pm I’m gonna be packing up the BGSA room. Stop by if you want! also because there has been mild amounts of confusion: the BGSA Gala is this coming MONDAY the 5th in the REDPATH MUSEUM from 7pm-10pm. Can’t wait to see ya’ll there. but in other news, June is … Continue reading byeeeeeee (?)
1) BGSA Gala Please try and get your tickets by THIS FRIDAY it’s critical that we have an estimate of how many people are coming before we purchase the food/wine !!! As a reminder, you can get tickets from Logan or Helena in N4/8 Dustin in the Redpath or Christine in Bellini (there … Continue reading BGSA Weekly: Get your gala tickets! MK
1) Coffee Hour – This FRIDAY May 19th 10:00-11:00am – BGSA room – Come for free coffee plus you can buy tickets for the gala: 2) GALA (+ awards!) come celebrate all we’ve done this year, hang out, say bye to our graduating students, and have some wine and snacks! JUNE 5th: 7-10pm Tickets $25 … Continue reading Coffee hour!
1) Staff Appreciation Lunch sign up Next Monday – May 1st 12:00-1:00 staff room next to W4/12 It’s important that we continue to foster a good relationship with all of the support staff in our department – which is especially crucial before the upcoming renovations as the staff gets more spread out on campus. Sign … Continue reading Appreciating our staff!
1) BGSA General Assembly Wed April 19th at 6:00pm (W4/12) This is where elections happen! We still have some positions that no one has expressed interest in: let me know if you’re interested!! Safety Committee Curriculum Committee Communications Committee Media Administrator Intramural Administrator (winter semester) Post-doctoral Officer EEL Officer (winter semester) WIPS Officer Neuro Officer … Continue reading GA and Seminar Series
1) TOMORROW wine and cheese ! Coffee hour is postponed. New coffee hour: WED MAR 22 at 10:00am MBSU (undergrad biology) poster fair / wine and cheese ! Bellini atrium Poster fair: 3-5pm Wine and Cheese: 4pm-8pm (wed mar 15) 2) QLS information session The quantitative life science … Continue reading Coming up: Info about careers in biology, QLS program, poster fair, and more!